Robert Niedringhaus Renfro

 Robert Niedringhaus Renfro 

NOVEMBER 19, 1966 – OCTOBER 18, 2022

My dear cousin died. He dropped down one golf swing alone to be his last forever. 

Above photo that is me, Teddy, on the right and Robert on the left. The year is 1970 July. We lived and loved as brothers with our mother's Sally and Maylee, close sisters and daughters to our "Grandma Jenks" Ona, nee. Riddle, Jenks, the greatest grandmother you'd ever hope for mostly, and Robert and I both have our own daughter's named Ona. We share a lot you see.

Robert and I have remained close...even oddly after death but different. We were texting and chatting and meeting up regularly up until the day this world as we knew it stopped...

The last photo Rob texted me 9/28/2022 - Happy!

Robert and I were focused on deepening our commitment to a long healthspan...a long life of active productivity and enjoyment in a healthy happy body. We felt the best was yet to come. My joke was that 60 would be our new 21. Things have changed.

Sadly, it was not to be in this life. I will gladly pick up were we left off...in my dreams and visions and perhaps in many other wondrous and unimaginable places and future experiences. I will not say no.

Robert's very last words to me was an answer to a voice memo and video I had left for him in his iMessages app. I was telling him and showing how beautiful it was in Turkey where my wife's parents live, how Grandma Jenks would be so amazed. I also told him about our dear Yogi pet beagle who was sick and would die only days after Robert passed to compound the grief and tragedy and forever mark this time.


Robert's is gone. We miss him dearly. We pray for all to find peace. Robert will be proud of YOU.

And YOU know who YOU are...

His dear mother and sister miss him dearly.

His wife and two daughters miss him dearly.

His Aunt Sally, Uncle George and Uncle Eddy miss him dearly.

His Partners and Friends from a lifetime of activity miss him dearly.

He is missed dearly.

I will use this blog to assemble more glimpses into his remarkable life.

We want to find a way to take the bright bits and share them with YOU.

And would love to hear from YOU too.

More coming.


Where would we be without them? Rob and Terri European Odyssey.

Robert teaches Michaela how to fish!


Comments